Elsa Bean

Thursday, May 18, 2006

The Grass is Green, the Flower is YELLOW!














This flower and my dress remind me of a book Dad and I are reading. It's called Trucks and Tractors. All of the trucks and tractors are yellow, and they are paired up with something that is not yellow. Dad always introduces it in his Mr. Moviephone voice, "If you would like to read Trucks and Tractors, PRESS ONE NOW!" And then he uses that voice throughout the whole book (which gets a little redundant).

We open the book and he reads, "The hard hat is green, the backhoe is YELLOW. The truck is white, the wheel dozer is YELLOW. The garbage is all different kinds of colors, the landfill compactor is YELLOW. If you would like to turn the page, PRESS TWO NOW!"

I am trying to say the word "yellow" because (1) the repetition in the children's book is almost forcing me to and (2) Dad's impression is annoying. But all that comes out is "Boddle".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home