Elsa Bean

Monday, March 24, 2008

Henry's Birthday












Yesterday was Henry's birthday, because, well, he was born yesterday. He's my new little brother.

We woke up on Sunday morning and Dad let me hunt for Easter eggs for about 20 seconds before Derek arrived. He and Carol took care of me in the morning while Mum and Dad went to the hospital. When we arrived later there he was: Henry David. He is 8 lbs 7 oz, has light blond hair, and looks a lot like me.

When Claire came to visit I yelled at the top of my voice, "CLAIRE, NOW I HAVE A BABY BROTHER JUST LIKE YOU!!"

At the end of the night Mum stayed in the hospital with Henry, and Dad and I went home. He made me chicken fingers and we watched Backyardigans in front of the TV!

At 3AM I crawled into bed with him. In the morning I woke him up and said, "Dad! Now there are four of us!" He started crying-I don't know why, I meant it in a good way.

5 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Blogger meow said...

YaY! YaY! Yahooooo!!!
Congrats to YOu4!!!
Amazing Beautiful Little HenrY!
Wow. So happy for yous.
xox,
Sally Greg Max-Min and Frankie Tru

 
At 8:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to teach you a new word, Elsie.....share.
Uncle B

 
At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey J-Henry's a Dyngus Day Baby. We have another reason to celebrate.

 
At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful news! Congrads to all 4 of u. Can't wait for the next popsicle party. Do they come in infant sizes?

We'll check it out.

M M M & C

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Jimmy Conner said...

Sue and I are delighted at Henry's arrival and Elsa's accension to the high position of Big Sister. She will discharge her duties well.

Sue is very happy that you did not need an angel in the middle of night to send you on your way to the hospital.

Our heartiest congratulations and we will see you all (ya'll) in May.

Jim and Sue Conner

 

Post a Comment

<< Home