Elsa Bean

Friday, January 04, 2008

Candlelight Dinner
















Usually on Fridays Mum and Dad have a candlelight dinner, but Mum is still in Pittsburgh, SO! Dad and I had one. He made T-bones, peas, and "Potatoes Nicolas Sarkozy" (he's a big fan of inventive potato dishes and the new French President). Dad said he grated russet potatoes, dried them in the oven at 200 degrees, then mixed them with eggs, nutmeg, and rolled them into tiny balls and pan-fried them in oil. I don't know. I was in the other room for only 20 minutes while he was making them, watching Yuletide Wiggles, and then I walk in to "Potatoes Sarkozy"? I was suspicious so I checked the garbage. And saw the Ore-Ida Tater Tot bag. Sorry Dad.

But nice touch with the candles. And the peas were microwaved to perfection.

1 Comments:

At 6:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elsie always liked the full bodied red wines!
Get back quick Ruth!
Uncle B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home