Elsa Bean

Monday, October 02, 2006

4:00:36!
















Mum finished the Wineglass Marathon in 4:00:36 on Sunday. Dad and I raced around like maniacs all morning and got to see her at the start, at 9 miles, 13 miles, and at the finish. The first time I saw her, at 9 miles, I freaked out because she ran by without even stopping! She just waved and blew me a kiss and kept going! I started crying really loud so Dad had to explain that she had to keep going, that she was in a "hurry". But I didn't really understand it until I saw her again at 13 miles.

She was with her running buddies Mark and John. We all met up at the end and saw them cross the finish line! They were weird-looking at the end. They all had wind burnt faces and sour expressions and were really pale and wanted to sit down. Except Mark, he looked pretty normal. But Mum kept saying, "that was really...hard..."and she had this weird silver blanket on. All John did was eat bananas and stare at his legs and feet. And his toes were pretty gnarly.

2 Comments:

At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That guy on the left looks dead! Someone get him some fluids! Ha Ha.
Jeremy, could you send me a picture from before the start of the race when I was wearing my purple Java Junction Shirt? I need to show them that their pledge paid off.

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Jeremy said...

Yes! I have that shot

 

Post a Comment

<< Home