Elsa Bean

Friday, February 17, 2006

My Schoenhut Piano



I compose at my piano most afternoons. Some of my influences are Stravinsky and Prokofiev, but more recently I have been listening to composers such as John Cage and others who push down on any keys randomly, or push down on numerous keys at the same time in different rhythmic patterns. Recently, the sonic effect of pushing down three random black keys and four random white keys has really interested me, so I have spent the last two weeks exploring that. I like to keep my notes, sheet music, and completed compositions in my ladybug backpack that you see in the photo.

My Schoenhut produces a lovely tone, even though it is only 14 inches high and was purchased second hand.

1 Comments:

At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

eat your heart out Phillip Glass!
All great composers have backpacks!
Uncle B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home